Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman Fighter » Discussing the End of the SERIES(SPOILERS)
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous  1  [2]  Post New Thread Post Reply
Poll: Are they dead?
Hell no!!!! vote leftpercentvote right 12 92.31%
Yes vote leftpercentvote right 1 7.69%
No comment.... vote leftpercentvote right 0 0.00%
Total: 13 Votes 100%

Go to the bottom of this page Discussing the End of the SERIES(SPOILERS)
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Xephon0930
I personally don't think they are dead because they still live on in the hearts of us fans.

Thats a romantic thought...

No new posts 28-05-2009 02:49 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by clouddancer
quote:
cellular disruption!?!
Is that real or made up?

Hmmm, isn't that kind of what they do in Star Trek when they teleport? Wink Disrupt the cells, tear them apart and then put them back together again when they get to where they are going.

You know I always wondered what would happen if it malfunctioned...they showed it in the last Star Trek movie..ewweeee

No new posts 28-05-2009 02:51 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
amyltrer amyltrer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-12-2006

spacer

Reaaaaly? And what happened with the passengers? Were they mixer into each others or was the a lot of mess to clean?

No new posts 28-05-2009 08:19 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Ebonyswanne
quote:
Originally posted by clouddancer
quote:
cellular disruption!?!
Is that real or made up?

Hmmm, isn't that kind of what they do in Star Trek when they teleport? Wink Disrupt the cells, tear them apart and then put them back together again when they get to where they are going.

You know I always wondered what would happen if it malfunctioned...they showed it in the last Star Trek movie..ewweeee

i think they showed possibilities though out the series as well. My thought has always been, at least for Mark and his teleportation/transportation in my AU, is that because they are splitting matter into energy that if not reconnected "whole" they "disappear" (remain as energy). Their particles just disperse through out the area they were being sent to. *I hope that makes sense, I have not tried to explain THAT particular thought before*

No new posts 28-05-2009 12:30 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer

Dead or not, we must also remember, and using Star Trek as a point of reference, death is not always a permanent state in Science Fiction, Fantasy, or even Anime.

Not having actually seen any G II or G Fighter episodes, I can't give an educated answer on this other than the vague ending is a common device used to leave the viewer/reader guessing (or perhaps because the author does not want to directly kill off characters).

No new posts 01-08-2009 16:58 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
tkid
Just popping in

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 14-08-2010

spacer

The ending shows Mark dying with the rest of the team either dead or unconscious around him. This triggers Nambu's amulet. The amulet initiates a process where first the vehicles reactivate and merge, then Mark revives and then I believe the entire team merges with the vehicles.

Together they become a living phoenix, constantly guarding Earth from perils from outer space.

This phoenix, unlike previous scenes where the phoenix is shown, is alive, it's wings move, and it appears to move under its own direction, which is why I think it is alive.

No new posts 30-04-2011 08:26 tkid is offline Send an Email to tkid Search for Posts by tkid Add tkid to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

I just watched the ending again, something I hadn't done it a while...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLzo_wJ_5ms

I'm still inclined to think it's deliberately ambiguous, such that you can sort of believe whatever you want. You can believe they're dead. Or you can believe they still exist but only as some sort of mystical "Phoenix spirit-energy." I like your idea of them becoming a

quote:
living phoenix, constantly guarding Earth from perils from outer space.

Or you can believe they're alive in that Phoenix and could come back to Earth, walking and breathing. (Hey, it's sci-fi, and stranger things have happened... :-) )

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by lborgia88 on 30-04-2011 at 13:49.
No new posts 30-04-2011 13:49 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
« previous  1  [2]  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): « previous  1  [2] 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: